- 3 cups unbleached flour
- ¾ cup Moosehead Premium Lager
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 packet dry pizza yeast (8 grams)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sift flour into mixing bowl and set aside. In a separate container, mix beer, water, sugar and salt. Once salt is completely dissolved, mix in yeast and let sit for two minutes. Pour liquid into flour and mix with a fork until ready to begin mixing with your hands. Once flour is begins to form into a ball, add olive oil and continue to need till oil is integrated into the mixture. Transfer the dough to a countertop or cutting board and continue to kneed until dough is smooth. The dough should be a bit sticky.
- Cut the dough into three equal-sized smaller dough balls. Make sure to crimp the bottom of the dough ball. Set the dough balls on flat surface and cover with a slightly damp tea towel. Let the dough proof for at least 3 hours before forming into pizza crusts.
- It is even better to let the dough balls proof for 30 hours before using. To do this, use a Tupperware container or place the dough balls in a plate and cover with plastic wrap and then place in the fridge. Remove from the fridge 45 minutes before cooking.